Re: udev question

On 10/26/2010 01:20 PM, Mr Dash Four wrote:

Am I missing something fundamental here?

udev runs a second time in the real root, just because of this limitation of
the initramfs.
Yeah, I sort of figured it out yesterday after running a 'probe' version of the
'90crypt; module. I have another udev-related query though - if multiple rules
register for the same udev triggers (like ENV{ID_FS_TYPE}=='crypto_LUKS') how
are they executed and can the order of execution be controlled?

The reason I am asking this is because, as it turns out, I may need to design a
separate module for smartcard tokens to be used with LUKS and the way I see this
is when LUKS partition gets matched by udev the smartcard module needs to get
the first go (for all smartcard-specified LUKS partitions) then 90crypt (with
key file login, possibly falling back on password authentication if the key file
data is not successful - though this, as far as I can see, is not yet
implemented!).

Unfortunately, my udev knowledge is not that much to know is that possible,
hence the my query.

place it in a udev rules file with a lower number... first come, first serve.