Re: [RFC ONLY 3/5] netroot: remove netif from handler invocation

David Dillow wrote:
On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 17:02 +0200, Seewer Philippe wrote:
David Dillow wrote:
On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 15:56 +0200, Seewer Philippe wrote:
Discussion: Instead of implementing the dhcp options server failover
just for nfs, why not extend this to all protocols?
This does implement it for all protocols, if they choose to use it.
Yes, that is correct. I meant it more like, why should only nfs choose to use it? We could insert the server into the root argument for each handler inside netroot instead of just "delegating" it.

Sorry, I misunderstood.

I like the concept of other protocols using server_id as a fall back
when no server IP is given in their arguments (ie nbd::9000 would use
port 9000 on the DHCP server) as it makes it easier to share configs
among DHCP servers.

I suspect others will find it confusing, though.

$1 used to be $netif, so we'd get /tmp/iscsiroot.eth0.1234.out. Now we'd
get /tmp/iscsiroot.root=iscsi:..:blah.1234.out instead. Hence the
removal of $1.
Oh, didn't realize that. Thanks for claryfing.

If this series looks to be worth it, I'll try to do better on the commit
message regarding this point.

Bah. I think that's just me not thinking enough. And yes, I this series
is worth developing further.