Re: Files copied from generating system

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 16:25 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
> We can't really predict the behavior of or support initrd's that end up
> with whatever customized config files are copied from the system, but
> options for dealing with this problem are not clear.  Any ideas?
>
> modules.d/95nfs/install:
> > /etc/nsswitch.conf
> > /etc/idmapd.conf
>
> These could possibly be edited and cause NFS to behave unexpectedly in
> the initrd.

rpc.idmapd and /etc/idmapd.conf can probably go away, since it was
decreed that we only have to mount the root filesystem and the distro
has to worry about getting ID mapping working before using a non-root
user.

nsswitch.conf is more difficult, but if you are relying on DNS, NIS, or
LDAP to find your network root, this is a concern you should probably be
aware of.