Re: 90kernel-modules-loaded must be --hostonly

On 05/29/2009 09:26 AM, Harald Hoyer wrote:
On 05/29/2009 06:56 AM, Warren Togami wrote:
On 05/28/2009 02:26 PM, Warren Togami wrote:
/sbin/lsmod | while read mod rest; do
instmods "$mod"
done

This part relies on looking at the running system, and thus must not be
part of the default dracut run. This seems OK for --hostonly mode.

Changing this will likely break some users depending on modules not
otherwise pulled in elsewhere? Should I just go ahead and see what
breaks?

Oh, I now notice that the check script skips this entirely unless you
are in hostonly mode. This is the reason why I'm not getting the KMS
drivers loaded prior to plymouth (although plymouth itself is still
busted for other reasons.)

[ "$1" != "-h" ] && exit 1

But is this correct? It seems we should be checking the hostonly
variable and not if "-h" happens to be the first parameter.

-h isn't -H.
-h isn't --hostonly

This obviously broke by introducing the --help option.. just fix it.

oops, no "check" is called with -h in dracut if $hostonly is set by "-H --hostonly"