Re: plymouth working for anybody with F-11?

On 05/29/2009 12:23 AM, Warren Togami wrote:
Is plymouth working for anyone with F-11 right now?

In my case it seems to fail to load the KMS kernel module (intel.ko in
my case) prior to plymouth splash is executed.

Another problem is it seems to still use default.so.

[[ -f ${LIBDIR}/plymouth/default.so ]] && inst ${LIBDIR}/plymouth/default.so

The plymouth in F-11 seems to no longer use the default.so symlink. It seems to be copying the default "charge" theme into the image, but without the required two-step.so plugin.

BTW, why are we using our own plymouth-populate-initrd instead of using plymouth's own /usr/libexec/plymouth/plymouth-populate-initrd, which presumably would do the right thing for its own version of plymouth? (Didn't try it yet.)

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx