Re: wiki, README and TODO update

On 05/15/2009 02:03 PM, Victor Lowther wrote:
On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 22:53 -0400, David Dillow wrote:
On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 20:32 -0500, Victor Lowther wrote:
On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 16:50 +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:
Today I updated http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/dracut/ and the package README and TODO files.
The next days, I will add iSCSI support and test various network setups.
Cool.  I ahve been working on some test suite improvements (lvm on
cryptroot on software raid5), and am working on making dracut actually
work in that configuration.  I will post patches to the mailing list
once it works without manual hackery.

Next stop, all that over iscsi.  Should be fun.
Glad to see this project isn't dead...

I had a sudden attack of Real Life -- my daughter learned to crawl, so
the tiny amounts of free time I once had vanished.

cool :-) not so good for dracut :-/

I've got a few boot-off-of-NFS patches together that use DHCP options to
find the root, and let it be overridden by the command line. I've also
got a piece that lets it boot over a bonded network. I'll try to circle
back to those and post them before Memorial Day (May 25h).

Cool.  Can you also hack up a makefile target that tests it using kvm
and/or qemu?

I suppose I should post my more generic test suite improvements (making
kvm/qemu work no matter what it is named on any given distro) to give
you something a little easier to build with.

yes, just post them, no matter, if they apply to the actual tree.. I will merge them and clean them up.

These all trigger off of udev events, though I recall there was some
discussion about whether that was the way to go or not. In many ways,
they are just polish on some of the network patches that have been
posted here before (by you two, IIRC).

I don't think we ever finally decided one way or the other, the
conversations kind of died off without reaching a conclusion.

I think "all trigger off of udev events" is the way to go. If it doesn't work, try to fix the tools that do not work.