Re: Thoughts on mounting the rootfs from a udev rule

Kay Sievers wrote:
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 14:47, Seewer Philippe <philippe.seewer@xxxxxx> wrote:
Kay Sievers wrote:

You got an ancient kernel? That was added very long ago to use match
valid event actions.
Same behaviour on:
-Ubuntu 8.10 stock 2.6.27-11-generic
-Debian 5.0 stock 2.6.26-1-686
Oh, that's fine. You got a warning in dmesg, I guess, saying that you
did not write a proper string to the file? It's falling back to 'add'
then. Make sure you are not writing invalid action strings to it.
That is correct. How do I find out which action strings are correct?

They are defined in the kernel:
  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=lib/kobject_uevent.c;hb=HEAD#l35

There is only 'add' and 'change' interesting. Only for testing,
'remove' might be useful too.

Great! Will look into it if we can get rid of the network fifo.

thanks!

Kay