Re: generic vs. host-only

Harald Hoyer wrote:
Seewer Philippe proposed dracutmodules="hostonly" and to change "$mod/check".

all:
    install everything and fail, if we can't

auto:
    install everything we can and skip those we cannot

host-only:
    install everything we can but only what is needed for the local host

    Also for the host-only case, we shouldn't check for e.g. dm_mod in
    /proc/modules, because it can be compiled in. We could use blkid.

I know that dracut was started to eliminate the "host-only" strategy, but as it is a configurable option, we might include it nevertheless for the sake of boot
speed and initrd size, if wanted by a poweruser, who knows what he does.

ok, implemented "hostonly" in the merge tree of git://git.surfsite.org/pub/git/dracut.git