Porting dracut to Debian, some notes

Debian does not base it's udev rules off of the "standard" ones in the udev package. We could handle this by coding debian-specific routines for grabbing udev rules, by importing rules from the udev project, or by hand-rolling our own rules. I am inclined towards the second option -- the less distro specific stuff we have to code, the better.

Depmod on debian does not create some files we need for instmods. We need to no longer rely on that redhat specific behaviour without making things too evil. I will post a patch that does this later on.