multiple iio_devices, one shared GPIO iio_trigger

I have a hardware design using a TI-AM335x cpu connected over a SPI
bus to 4 AD7779 adc's.  I want to use the DRDY_N signal (I have it
connected to the GPIO on the AM335x) from one of the adc's to generate
an interrupt to trigger reads on all four.  I have seen several places
in the documentation that states that this is possible (common even)
but I have not seen examples of it in the kernel tree.  Most of the
drivers from ADI request an IRQ along with allocating and registering
their own iio_trigger.  When binding multiple instances of the same
iio device driver, the first IRQ request succeeds, while subsequent
requests will return EBUSY.

Is the correct way to accomplish this to define all my SPI slave nodes
in my devicetree with just one having an interrupts and use
conditional logic in the driver to only have that one request the IRQ?
 Another method would be to use the standalone trigger driver (I have
enabled in Kconfig) but I have not been able to find documentation
that shows the devicetree binding for standalone triggers for GPIO
interrupts.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy