IIO related heads up - on ARM64 you are likely to see DMA buffers being bounced soon...

Catalin's work to reduce the size of minimum allocation sizes
from kmalloc on ARM64 relies on a heuristic where small
buffers are always bounced to ensure DMA safety.

https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230531154836.1366225-1-catalin.marinas@xxxxxxx/

Now this shouldn't break any IIO drivers but it might (at least in theory)
have a performance impact.

I'm curious on whether anyone cares enough about this?

Long term, if this approach ends up adopted on all architectures that
currently have ARCH_KMALLOC_MINALIGN set above 8 bytes we can get rid
of the explicit handling of DMA buffers in IIO as they will mostly be
bounced anyway - with the exception of a few that are bigger than the
relevant cacheline size.

Jonathan