Re: Questions about ad5933 driver

On Tue, 6 Jun 2023 10:46:14 +0200
David Schiller <david.schiller@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I attempted to use the ad5933 impedance analyzer driver in combination
> with libiio.
>
> Trying to enumerate the local devices with "iio_info" leads to an error,
> which I traced down to the naming of the in_voltage_{real,imag}_* sysfs
> scan_elements nodes. The name modifiers "real" and "imag" are not valid
> sysfs symbols, it seems.
> The driver is in the staging directory, so I don't know if it has to
> conform to the general IIO sysfs ABI.

It 'should' but it doesn't which is part of the reason it's still in staging
after all these years.

> I worked around this by patching libiio, but I don't know if that's the
> correct approach.

Ideally clean up the driver.  If you are willing that would be great, if not
would you be able to test changes made by someone else?  You are first person
in years that I know has one! :)  I can't remember how far this driver is
from being ready to move out of staging, but I can probably find some time
to do a thorough review of that in next few weeks.

That may require extra ABI definitions possibly including the real and imag
modifiers at which point your patch to libiio would be correct.

Jonathan