iio dac drivers : imposing upper limit on value.

Hello,

the board I work with incorporates two DAC's, but the hardware men
told me that I may not use the full range of the values allowed by
the DAC component in order to save the lifetime of the chips (LEDs)
that are feeded by the DAC.  My specific case is that the DAC has
a 2.5V Vref, but the output accepts maximum 1.24V.

I would like to describe that limit in the DT and enforce it in the driver.
Is there an agreed upon property for that, and a sysfs value to show it to
the user ?

Best regards

Philippe

--
Philippe De Muyter +32 2 6101532 Macq SA rue de l'Aeronef 2 B-1140 Bruxelles