sysfs mount_matrix for st_lsm6dsx gyro

Hello Lorenzo and list,

I do not find a "*mount_matrix" entry in sysfs for a 'ism330dlc_gyro'
iio device.
Is that normal ?
Is a fix available ?

Some more info :

I have backported  drivers/iio/imu/st_lsm6dsx to linux-4.9 in order
to drive a ism330dlc imu on a custom board.  The chip is correctly
detected and two devices are created in /sys/bus/iio/devices/

the first one (where name is 'ism330dlc_gyro') has the following entries :

 me@proto4:~$ ls /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio\:device1/
 buffer                      in_anglvel_x_raw  sampling_frequency
 current_timestamp_clock     in_anglvel_y_raw  sampling_frequency_available
 dev                         in_anglvel_z_raw  scan_elements
 in_anglvel_scale            name              subsystem
 in_anglvel_scale_available  power             uevent
 me@proto4:~$

the second one (where name is 'ism330dlc_accel') has those entries :

 me@proto4:~$ ls /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio\:device2
 buffer                    in_accel_x_raw  sampling_frequency
 current_timestamp_clock   in_accel_y_raw  sampling_frequency_available
 dev                       in_accel_z_raw  scan_elements
 events                    mount_matrix    subsystem
 in_accel_scale            name            uevent
 in_accel_scale_available  power
 me@proto4:~$

The 'mount_matrix' entry is only present in the 'ism330dlc_accel' device
but not in the 'ism330dlc_gyro' device.

On a similar board, but with mpu9250 imu, I get only one iio:deviceX
entry but with two *mount_matrix entries :

	in_accel_mount_matrix
	in_anglvel_mount_matrix

In both cases, I would have expected only one 'iio:deviceX' entry with
only one 'mount_matrix' entry.

Best regards

Philippe

--
Philippe De Muyter +32 2 6101532 Macq SA rue de l'Aeronef 2 B-1140 Bruxelles