run-time change of configuration of ad74412

Hi,

My customer wants to be able to change the configuration of the four
channels of the ad74412 at run-time; their board can be used in various
scenarios, and having to specify the functions in device tree is too
inflexible.

Is there any precedent in other iio drivers for such a configuration
change, and/or is it feasible to implement this in the ad74413r.c driver?

I do not need to be able to change it continuously, just once after
userspace has come up and before anything actually starts making use of
the device, but it is not possible for me to know the correct
configuration in the bootloader, so having U-Boot patch the dtb is not
an option. A somewhat hacky way would be to build the driver as a
module, and allow module parameter(s) to overrule whatever is in
devicetree, but that doesn't really work if there was more than one
ad74412/ad74413 present, unless one invents and parses some weird syntax
to have certain settings apply to $this-chipselect on $that-bus.

Rasmus