Re: iio display large numbers

Hi Jonathan,

Two options for this. If the thing we are controlling is the raw channel then we have the option to provide _scale reflecting the fact that a large value
e.g. GHz is not normally controlled at a Hz granularity.

I agree although a lot of existing drivers already use this granularity.
It is commonly used in Analog Devices IIO drivers, especially the frequency generating products.

Where that doesn't apply or the range is really very big we do have the
slightly nasty option of IIO_VAL_INT_64

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jic23/iio.git/commit/?h=testing&id=6bb835f3d00467c9a5e35f4955afa29df96a404e

This is very new, so not in mainline yet, though it is queued up for the
next merge window and should be linux-next.
Great!
I will probably patch my adi kernel sources to use this approach for the time being

Hope that helps,

Jonathan

Tnx,

Henk