using dma buffers for SPI adcs

Hello,

I am learning how to use and write iio device drivers for ADCs. It seems
most of the support is tied to FPGA based SoCs where ADCs can make use of
Analog Devices SPI Engine and AXI IP. I'm looking at the AD7768-1 driver on
the Analog Devices fork for example.

How does one use dma buffers for generic ARM processors for an ADC attached
to a dma-enabled SPI port.. for example a Beaglebone Black or Raspberry PI?
Is this even possible or something that makes sense? The goal is of course
to use DMA to avoid interrupting the processor for every conversion.

I tried using the ADI driver, but get a ENODEV error when requesting the
dma channel because there is not a "dmas" entry in the device tree node for
the ADC, however it's parent SPI node does have dma entries.

Thanks,
Alex.