Question about pressure sensor driver data processing

Hello,

I have a question concerning a pressure sensor driver I am currently writing.

The formula to get the real pressure in Pa for this sensor is quite complex. It depends on the measured temperature and would be far better done in floats rather than in integers.

The formula is too complex to be expressed with only scale and offset factors. And the factors are not fixed since it depends on the temperature.

Would it be acceptable to have a driver than returns the raw data without processing? Meaning data that have no unit and require a processing done in userspace? That would be much more efficient for sure, but it would not output really useful data without the processing.

Or a driver that return an input processed data and a raw data that have no unit and requires the processing? If we can return raw data, we should be able also to add buffer/trigger support to the driver. Otherwise that would be quite tricky to return the processed data in the buffer.

Thanks for your feedback.
JB