Re: RFC on IIO AD7292 driver GSoC proposal

On Sat, 6 Apr 2019 at 21:45, Marcelo Schmitt <marcelo.schmitt1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> My name is Marcelo Schmitt, I'm a computer science student learning
> how to contribute to the Linux Kernel in the IIO subsystem. I was told
> by a friend that Google was encouraging people who contribute to open
> source projects through the GSoC program and that there was a project
> for developing a new IIO driver. I intend to continue contributing to
> IIO and, if possible, engage in this GSoC project. As suggested by
> GSoC organization, I shared a draft proposal for the project here
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vOegyoC5b90jwLe1PBz4IbKGXaXMozi-RldS5OAZz4Y.
> It would be really great if anyone could comment on it.
> Sorry for sending it so close to dead line date.

Hello,
Nice read. I am a bit wondering why you have Arduino mentioned for
couple of tests - I am assuming because its easier to write raw SPI
with Arduino than what is described in Documentation/spi/spidev ?
What you have in week 26 (Develop initial documentation), you will
probably need to send with the first patches of week 23 and 24.

Best regards,
Crt