GSoC IIO project: Tom Lebreux

Introduction and Task 01

Hi,

my name is Tom Lebreux and I am a finishing my second year
of university in Computer Science.

I am interested in contributing to the linux kernel and
working with hardware. I think this GSoC project is a
great opportunity to learn.

I have been having fun learning about the IIO subsystem while
messing around with the dummy driver. I think the dummy driver
and its tasks give a good first overview of the subsystem and
its functionality.

Task 01 solution:

$ grep IIO .config
# CONFIG_SENSORS_IIO_HWMON is not set
# IIO staging drivers
CONFIG_IIO=y
CONFIG_IIO_BUFFER=y
# CONFIG_IIO_BUFFER_CB is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_BUFFER_HW_CONSUMER is not set
CONFIG_IIO_KFIFO_BUF=y
CONFIG_IIO_CONFIGFS=y
CONFIG_IIO_TRIGGER=y
CONFIG_IIO_CONSUMERS_PER_TRIGGER=2
CONFIG_IIO_SW_DEVICE=y
# CONFIG_IIO_SW_TRIGGER is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_CROS_EC_ACCEL_LEGACY is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_ST_ACCEL_3AXIS is not set
# Hid Sensor IIO Common
# CONFIG_IIO_SSP_SENSORHUB is not set
# IIO dummy driver
CONFIG_IIO_DUMMY_EVGEN=m
CONFIG_IIO_SIMPLE_DUMMY=m
CONFIG_IIO_SIMPLE_DUMMY_EVENTS=y
CONFIG_IIO_SIMPLE_DUMMY_BUFFER=y
# CONFIG_IIO_ST_GYRO_3AXIS is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_ST_LSM6DSX is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_ST_MAGN_3AXIS is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_MUX is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_INTERRUPT_TRIGGER is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_SYSFS_TRIGGER is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_ST_PRESS is not set