proper framework for meter sink?

Hallo all,

I wont to use existing LED triggers by setting multiple LEDs on trigger.
The triggers should use brightness value by different trigger intensity
and the driver should set different amount of LEDs depending on
brightness value.
With other words LED meter controller by kernel LED framework. It should
be possible to configure LED arrays by Device Tree.
Initially i was thinking about some kind of extended leds-gpio.c driver
which will convert brightness value to LED position. But one my friend
pointed me that metes exist in different configurations and it make no
sense to bind it to LED framework.

Do you have any ideas, suggestions, tips? I know there are lot of user
space based variants. On other hand kernel already have almost every
thing what I need.

--
Regards,
Oleksij