Re: getting started w/ iio driver

On Sat, 4 Nov 2017 21:51:34 +0100
"Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult" <info@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 04.11.2017 21:38, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
>
> >> How should I implement the sampling rate setting w/ separate devices ?
> >> Maybe some master-slave concept where settings on the master
> >> automatically affect the slaves ?
> >
> > Yes it will be a bit ugly. Probably do it as a set of peers where writing any will change them all.

Sorry, been a busy week - now have beer and am on right side of airport security ;)

> Ok. By the way: how to set the sampling-rate via iio ?
> Is there a callback or device field for that ?
Yes - the raw_write callback will do it but you will also need to
add the IIO_CHAN_SPEC_SAMP_FREQ bit to the appropriate
infomask_shared_by*

> where should i tell the adc to start capture w/ ?
> in pre- or post-enable buffer ops ?

Conceptually in the post-enable.  The pre / post divide is
rather vague now as it the original plan to do it nice and cleanly
was flawed by some race conditions.  Now they both occur in a very
similar state...