Re: max1363 driver not working with iio_generic_buffer tool

On 13 October 2017 14:49:37 BST, Dmitry Mastykin <mastichi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hello,
>(I'm sorry, the question may be too simple for this mailing list)
>I'm working with max1136 via max1363 driver.
>I can read raw values via sysfs.
>But I cannot use it with iio_generic_buffer.
>
>I enable a channel:
>  echo 1 | sudo tee
>/sys/bus/iio/devices/iio\:device0/scan_elements/in_voltage0_en
>
>and then:
>  sudo ./iio_generic_buffer -g -n max1136

No trigger on that device as I don't think it has an internal clock.  If a device provides its own
 trigger and you don't specify one, the demo code will figure it out.  Actually for extra confusion that ti part is an
 oddity. Because of the block nature of its dma transfers it doesn't use a trigger at all.

So you need to provide one from somewhere else. Various options but without hardware
 easiest would be a sysfs trigger or hrtimer trigger.