Re: Problems with using IIO buffers

On 10.01.2017 13:29, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
Hi!

The iio_dummy test module works now with the iio_generic_buffer test
program :-) (libiio still doesn't do what I want though).
My own driver does recognize the trigger call but does not acquire
data, likely due to a mask that is set to something I don't implement
yet (maybe checking for IIO_CHAN_INFO_RAW was not enough).

In any case, it looks like I need to continuously trigger the
(software) trigger to move data into the buffer - is there any way to
automate that, i.e. by saying "give me X samples" or "acquire data for
3ms"? Or do I always need to trigger from userspace or use a hardware
trigger?

Regards,
    Matthias
Hi Matthias,

At the moment we have no oscilloscope style triggering. It's been a topic of discussion recently in the form of trees of triggers (one trigger starts
another firing on say a high resolution timer), but no code exists yet.

One easy option is to use a high resolution timer trigger in conjunction
with setting the watermark on a given buffer. Thus it might capture more data but it will at least come back to userspace only when there is 'enough'
data.

The triggering is really about synchronising multiple sensor streams so
has to be a one trigger per one sample scan (set of samples from across
a number of channels).

Jonathan