Re: Problems with using IIO buffers

> [...]
>
> this is what I use (Ubuntu, Linux 4.4) and it works; maybe the trigger
> name you use is incorrect?
>
> modprobe iio_trig_sysfs
> modprobe iio_dummy (make sure CONFIG_IIO_SIMPLE_DUMMY_BUFFER is #defined)
> cd /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio_sysfs_trigger
> echo 123 > add_trigger
> cd /sys/bus/iio/devices/trigger0
> cat name # should give sysfstrig123
> cd /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device0
> echo sysfstrig123 > trigger/current_trigger
> echo 1 > scan_elements/in_voltage0_en
> echo 1 > buffer/enable

This works now, I think I messed up setting the trigger last time
(selected the wrong name, stupid...).
I now trigger the trigger via `echo 1 > trigger0/trigger_now` and try
to read data from the character device via
`iio_readdev /dev/iio:device0`, with the same result as described in
the first post - refilling the buffer doesn't work and I run into a
timeout.
When trying this with my driver, I see that the data polling function
is not called, and when (using the dummy driver) trying to get data
from the /dev/iio:device0 device without using iio_readdev, I also get
no result.

Clearly, it feels like I am missing something obvious here...

Regards,
    Matthias