acpi-als taking over from hwmon for light sensor support?

Hey,

I did some work on iio-sensor-proxy[1] those past couple of days, and
tested it on a MacBook Pro.

Before that, I had written a (user-space) driver to access the hwmon
driver's "light" value, so I was a bit surprised when I saw that iio-
sensor-proxy was accessing the light sensor through acpi-als's IIO
driver instead of through the hwmon driver.

I looked through the hwmon, iio and applesmc.c logs, and couldn't find
any information about how the move from one to the other. Does anyone
know?

I'm asking because the applesmc.c hwmon driver is the only one with
support for the "light" property, and if that's not used anymore, I
might as well remove that code now (or schedule to remove it).

Cheers