iio channel sync

Jonathan,

I have an out-of tree driver I am working on mainlining.

The device is a sensor that gets phase and amplitude (x and y) data

on multiple physical and/or time multiplexed channels.

It also has up to 4 optical encoders to get physical location.

The existing driver bundles x and y together with a snapshot

of the encoder sums at that moment.

This seems like a good fit for iio, but one item is bothering me.

How is synchronization between streams usually handled with

iio drivers? Timing can be important.

Joshua Clayton