Re: [LKP] drivers/iio & kbuild test robot

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 07:35:03AM +0800, Fengguang Wu wrote:
> Hi Alison,
>
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 03:49:19PM -0700, Alison Schofield wrote:
> >Hi Fengguang,
> >
> >I recently submitted a patch that adds Kconfig options required
> >to build a few drivers in IIO.  The kbuild robot did not find
> >these.
> >
> >You can see the patch here:
> >http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jic23/iio.git/commit/?h=fixes-togreg-post-rc1&id=9b1425b1698cca01887ad154b631b59666882fb5
>
> What're the error messages look like? That'll help me root cause why
> they are missed.

Error message because Kconfig select IIO_TRIGGERED_BUFFER is missing:

  CC [M]  drivers/iio/humidity/am2315.o
drivers/iio/humidity/am2315.c: In function ‘am2315_trigger_handler’:
drivers/iio/humidity/am2315.c:186:2: error: implicit declaration of
function ‘iio_push_to_buffers_with_timestamp’
[-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  iio_push_to_buffers_with_timestamp(indio_dev, data->buffer,
  ^
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
scripts/Makefile.build:295: recipe for target
'drivers/iio/humidity/am2315.o' failed
make[2]: *** [drivers/iio/humidity/am2315.o] Error 1
scripts/Makefile.build:440: recipe for target 'drivers/iio/humidity'
failed
make[1]: *** [drivers/iio/humidity] Error 2
Makefile:1622: recipe for target 'drivers/iio/' failed
make: *** [drivers/iio/] Error 2