Re: IIO driver for si114x

On 04/12/2016 03:06 PM, Peter Meerwald-Stadler wrote:
I want to add support for a si1145 light sensor. Some brief googling finds a
bunch of old (2012) patches for an si114x driver in drivers/iio/light. Here's
the link to the old thread:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.iio/5478

I have updated sources, not yet posted
Matt Ranostay also indicated that he'd be willing to work on the device
I found some reasonably recent sources in the chromeos kernel:

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/third_party/kernel-next/+/chromeos-4.4/drivers/iio/light/si114x.c

This driver seems to be only for si1141/42/43 models and will explicitly fail on probe with the part_id values reported by si1145. Some hacking made the driver probe and report some sort of values.

I'm not sure how well that driver is tested, it failed for me at register time because SI114X_CURRENT_CHANNEL has the default scan_index 0 and this is detected as a duplicate despite the fact that scan_type is not otherwise filled. This check has been in the IIO core since 3.18.

If you have updated sources can you please post them?

--
Regards,
Leonard