Re: iio_simple_dummy_buffer_dma

Hi Lars,

I did manage to get the dummy example with iio_simple_dummy_buffer_dma working. It turns out I had an issue in my dummy Kconfig when I added back the iio_simple_dummy_buffer_dma support. Now I can run iiod and connect iioScope and see sine, square, etc waveforms. I can also use generic_buffer and that works also.

Now I’m trying to figure out how to add my own hardware using part 2 of iio_simple_dummy_buffer_dma as a template. I was wondering when you expect to release the “overhauled version”.

Has anyone used the IIO-DMA framework in a real driver? In your IIO-DMA patch notes, you said "Andrey Yurovsky has also successfully added DMA buffer support to the existing AT91 ADC”, but I have looked at this driver and I don’t see any IIO-DMA framework added.

Also, have you made any progress on adding the high speed interface via mmap or vmsplice.

Thank you and Jonathan for all the work you guys do on IIO. The IIO framework is a really helpful for what I need, especially with the DMA support.

Regards,
John