Re: read /dev/iio:device0 return -1 (Invalid argument)

On 06/01/16 18:27, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> On 05/01/16 11:57, Julio Cruz wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Thanks to your comments, I found out that the function in my kernel
>> iio_buffer_read_first_n_outer is different to the one that you
>> mentioned.
>>
>> I was debugging a kernel version 3.10, that's include another
>> implementation of the function that we are talking. After some extra
>> effort, I could update to version 3.14 and effectively, the behavior
>> is as expected.
> Cool and thanks for letting us know - back then it seems we didn't support
> blocking reads which explains the problem.  Btw, you have my sympathies
> with older kernels, I'm trying to bring up a board for the first time since
> I ran 3.7 on it and it's proving 'interesting'... Unfortunately it's
> the only source of lis3l02dq that I have and I'd like to merge the old
> staging driver into the more recent generic st_sensors driver.  Fun fun fun!
Wow. After I found an appropriate config file it came straight up.  Not bad
on a board that I doubt anyone has booted with a kernel dating from the last
4 years ;)  Vendor kernel (such as it was) was 2.6.14 dating back 11 years now.

Anyhow, couldn't resist spreading my relief that I didn't have to do a 4 year
bisection.. given it takes about 10 minutes to flash each time it would have
been a very boring Saturday.