iio: Non multiplexed ADC Data

I'm in th eprocess of writing a driver for a custom ADC controller.
It's an FPGA based ADC controller with multiple ADC channels with a built in DMA master.
All channels share some attributes, eg Sample rate, with other per channel attributes, eg Gain.
The DMA controller de-multiplexes the ADC data by having a separate target buffer for each channel.
Look at the libiio interface this configuration doesn't seem to be catered for.
eg: iio_device_create_buffer creates a single buffer for all enabled channels to share.

The best way I can see is to create an iio device per channel and have them share a common data block.
Not sure what interesting behaviour this may cause.

Or have I missed something obvious..

--
Regards
Phil Reid