RE: BBB touch screen and ADC interactions

Hi Michael,

I just got  the 4.1 kernel working today. Our application is running just fine, so all of the QT stuff is working.

I found that when running my IIO ADC read program on the 4.1 kernel, not only do I lose the touch screen, but mouse clicks stop working, and the cursor periodically jumps.

I also figured out that I wasn't disabling the channels when my ADC program exited. When I got it to properly exit and disable the IIO ADC channels, the mouse started working again.

I then booted back to a 3.14 kernel and while the touch screen stops working while I am reading the ADC channels, the mouse still works normally, and the touch screen starts working again when the IIO program exits.

It appears, for me at least, that the 4.1 kernel is not an improvement.

I don't need fast reads on the ADC, I may be able to get away with enabling the ADC channels, reading some values, and disabling them again every once in a while.  I guess I'll have to try that.

- Greg