RE: BBB touch screen and ADC interactions

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the slow response to this email, I'm fighting with our IT on an email filtering system that is not delivering linux-iio emails to me.

It is freezing indefinitely.

> > I've asked on the TI support forum if they could help with
> this problem, but their response was that they only supported
> the TI SDK.
> >
> > Can any of you tell me if the current iio subsystem will
> work correctly with the ti touch screen and adc drivers?
> >

> I have been working on porting Linux to a device that uses
> the AM335x and have noticed that the drivers has undergone
> many changes recently. I am now using a 4.0 kernel and am
> able to sample the ADC and use the touchscreen simultaneously.
>
> When sampling the ADC you will notice that the touchscreen is
> less responsive but it does not freeze. The responsiveness
> comes back when ADC sampling stops.
>
> One thing that I have noticed recently is that when using
> ts_calibrate or ts_test the screen will register touch
> releases repeatedly without touching the screen.
>
> I have a workaround patch but have not attempted to push it
> upstream yet.
>
> So it won't freeze the touchscreen completely after sampling
> ADCs but you still may notice some quirks.
>
> The best way to find out is building the new kernel and trying it out.

I'll try out a new (4.0 - 4.1) kernel, but we are using QT to generate a GUI and I don't know if the graphics that we need have been ported to the mainline yet.  I guess I'll find out the hard way.

Thanks for the information,

Greg