Re: Regarding generic_buffer.c Application for Android

On 31/03/15 17:36, s.rawat wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> I have tested and used the generic_buffer.c application and found it
> to be good for testing the IIO drivers.I tried it on one of the
> android system and found it to be failing.(Android System has CPU ABI
> armv7-eabi )
>
> Here is a short summary to investigate why it didnt work on
> Andorid.Can you plz provide your comments:
>
> I have two system having different kernel version and drivers(IIO) on
> which I can run the
> generic_buffer.c(http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/staging/iio/Documentation/generic_buffer.c)
> application .On one system it works(kernel 3.18.15) fine but on the
> other(3.10.20) it does not give the input reports data.I have already
> applied the attached patch to it.
>
> I have checked that the system on which it is working has the
> following sysfs under /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:deviceX (where X is
> 1,2,3...)
>
> buffer
>
> dev
>
> in_accel_hysteresis
>
> in_accel_offset
>
> in_accel_sampling_frequency
>
> in_accel_scale
>
> in_accel_x_raw
>
> in_accel_y_raw
>
> in_accel_z_raw
>
> name
>
> power
>
> scan_elements
>
> subsystem
>
> trigger
>
> uevent
>

> This is for accelerometer, similarly for magnetometer (in_magn_x_raw,_y_raw,z_raw etc) and for Gyrometer ( in_anglvel_x_raw,in_anglvel_y_raw,in_anglvel_z_raw )
>
>  and the one on which it is not working has the below sysfs under /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:deviceX (where X is 1,2,3...) :
>
>  buffer
>
> dev
>
> in_accel_hysteresis
>
> in_accel_offset
>
> in_accel_sampling_frequency
>
> in_accel_scale
>
> name
>
> power
>
> scan_elements
>
> subsystem
>
> trigger
>
> uevent
>

> Is the missing *_x_raw,_y_raw and _z_raw* component main reason for not working of the app?If yes how can I enable it? –
Not as such. However it is certainly curious that you have them missing.
These provide direct sysfs access to the accelerations.

We did at one point make it a requirement for the iio_chan_spec to explicitly include the IIO_CHAN_INFO_RAW bit
rather than using the prior separate callbacks for that.  Perhaps it is missing in your driver?

What is the actual driver in question?