Re: Kernel wishlist item: Better IIO API

Jonathan Cameron <jic23@...> writes:
[snip]
> > - on some variants, tweak the hysteresis [2] to trigger changes
> interesting one. - Note I personally don't mind fixes for firmware bugs
> in kernel - if there is a simple way of identifying parts with the problem.

Late followup, but (hopefully) better than nothing:

I have such device that has the hysteresis issue.

I don't know if there's a sure way to identify devices with this issue...
either automatically tweak the hysteresis when getting EAGAIN, or keep a
list of USB device IDs which require the hysteresis fix and apply them
automatically. Does this make sense?

I would really prefer that this sort of fix will live in the kernel and not
in any userspace utility that might want to use the sensors.

https://github.com/hadess/iio-sensor-proxy/issues/1#issuecomment-54536393