Re: iio:adc:ad799x driver broken after commit "Write default config on probe and reset alert status on probe"

On 11/26/2014 10:47 AM, Mike Looijmans wrote:
On 11/25/2014 03:03 PM, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:
On 11/25/2014 09:12 AM, Mike Looijmans wrote:
After this commit:

     iio:adc:ad799x: Write default config on probe and reset alert status on
probe

     writing ALERT_EN and BUSY_ALERT to the chip config register clears
     pending alerts, BUSY_ALERT is cleared when reading back the register

The AD7999 on our board no longer functions, reading the in_voltage*_raw
sysfiles always returns "255" after this.

I reverted the commit, and that fixed the problem for me.

I suspect that there is something going wrong when reading back the config
register, can you check the attached patch and see what the output is?

Thanks,
- Lars

The attached patch delivered the following output (using the current head
code):

ad799x 1-0029: config: b 0

Yea, kind of what I expected based on your description. Looking at the datasheet it seems the ad7999 doesn't even support register read back which would explain the issue. I'll try to find a board and see if I can fix it.

- Lars