IIO: Why cannot open two iio device node file descriptors simultaneously ?

Dear Mr. Jonathan Cameron and IIO Community,
Greetings of the day !! :)

I am Aniroop Mathur working in Sensors kernel and HAL field for last two years
I have one question about IIO, for which i need your support.

I would like to open two file descriptors for IIO device node - /dev/iio:device0
int fd1 = open("/dev/iio:device0",O_RDONLY);
int fd2 = open("/dev/iio:device0",O_RDONLY);

But, only first open call succeeds.
The second open calls fails with error "Device or Resource busy".

In normal input device, we can open as many event node file
descriptors as we like.
int fd1 = open("/dev/input/event1");
int fd2 = open("/dev/input/event1");

Both calls succeeds for input subsystem case.

So, why restriction is present in IIO subsystem ?
Why two iio device nodes cannot be open together ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Regards,
Aniroop Mathur