Re: Why drivers don't depend on CONFIG_REGULATOR?

Hi Lars,

I have this fixed regulator in my device tree:

adc_supply: fixedregulator {
  compatible = "regulator-fixed";
  regulator-name = "fixed-supply";
  regulator-min-microvolt = <3300000>;
  regulator-max-microvolt = <3300000>;
  regulator-boot-on;
};

With CONFIG_REGULATOR=y CONFIG_REGULATOR_FIXED_VOLTAGE=y:

# cat in_voltage0_raw in_voltage_scale
4095
0.805664062

4095 * 0.805664062 = 3299.19433389, OK wonderful!

With CONFIG_REGULATOR not set:

# cat in_voltage0_raw in_voltage_scale
4095
cat: read error: Invalid argument

How do you cope with something like this? Is this expected?

Thank you for your time!

--
Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo