Re: DTS Support for AD7192

Dragos,

I am resending this, as I accidentally sent the previous version in non plain text.

Thank you for the follow up, I have made some progress on this.  I am using the Beaglebone Black to interface to the ad7192.  The main problem now can be shown in the log below:

[  311.593777] ad7192: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
[  311.595641] edma-dma-engine edma-dma-engine.0: allocated channel for 0:43
[  311.597279] edma-dma-engine edma-dma-engine.0: allocated channel for 0:42
[  311.597617] ad7192 spi1.0: no platform data?
[  311.609899] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.8: slot #7: Applied #2 overlays.

The platform data in this case is the struct ad7192_platform_data

There is no support that I can see to populate this data from device tree.  I assume this is part of your fix.

Another issue I saw when hooking the ad7192 to an old beagle bone (running a much older version of the kernel and iio infrastructure) was the iio driver for the ad7192 was hanging working with the AM335X processors.  In this case I tracked the problem to level sensitive interrupts rather than edge sensitive.  There were some race conditions that cause the driver to miss an interrupt and hang as a result.  I never got it entirely working as I got distracted and the Beaglebone Black came out by the time I picked it up again.  Do you want me to post those changes back?  A lot has changed since then, but it could still be a problem in the current drivers.

 Oliver King-Smith PhD
CEO
831-227-8675
oliverks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx