Start writing new IIO drivers

Hi,

I'm currently writing userspace software in python and c for using
(mainly I2C) sensors, e.g. MPL115A2 barometric pressure, on a
raspberry pi.
I now want to port them to the IIO subsystem but I still require some help.
* Is there any good documentation on writing those drivers ? I'm
currently working through examples in the current git kernel version
with assistance of the IIO Introductory slides from Maxime Ripard
"IIO, a new kernel subsystem" but these examples are, in my opinion,
rather difficult.
* As raspbian (raspberry pi specific debian version) comes with a
precompiled kernel 3.6.9, several features of IIO seem to be not yet
included. Compiling a kernel natively on the raspi is no fun (700MHz
ARM), so I don't want to make any mistake with the configs. Which
kernel options of the current stable kernel do I require for IIO/I2C
Sensor communication ?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,

Robin