Re: Oddities and how to handle them.

On 04/28/2011 11:31 AM, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> Guenter / Jean - cc'd you two because we have an sysfs interface naming question for
> AC sensors that touches on the edge of hwmon.

>> Hi Jonathan,
>>
>> For the metering parts I think we need to define a few more channel types.
>>
>> How about this ones
>>
>> inSX            S is the apparent power.
>> inPX            P is the active power.
>> inQX            Q is the reactive power.
>> inVX            V is the voltage. (only inX ?)
>> inVRMSX VRMS is the quadratic mean voltage.
>>
> Call it 'root mean square' rather than quadratic in the docs. They have different
> meanings in English.
>
>> inIX            I is the current.
>>
> currX as per hwmon?  They also define a power attribute, but only 1 (as DC
> I guess). Cc'd Guenter and Jean to see if we can / want to share an interface...

Honestly I don't like 'curr' - In my opinion we should use SI until
symbols (as well as standardized derived SI units where applicable).
In this particular case current is a SI unit.
For everything further we should use symbols commonly used in
Anglo-American EE and Physics literature. (NIST, IEEE, ...)

--
Greetings,
Michael

--
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen; Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 40368;