RE: IIO driver merge plans (for next merge window)

Jonathan Cameron wrote on 2010-05-17:

>>> It is OK to merge the IIO patches if they don't care about kernel
>>> version difference between Greg's tree and our SVN tree. Our's is
>>> 2.6.33.4, while Greg's is 2.6.34-rc6
>>
>> staging-iio is pretty much self contained.
>> As far I can tell it doesn't depend on anything that has been
>> changed between 2.6.33 and 2.6.34.
> There might be a few header issues outside IIO. These are just
> additional required headers (due to some general clean up) that
> shouldn't effect the merge from mainline to your tree, but may cause
> issues the other way around by requiring a few more includes in some
> of your drivers. A simple build test should throw up any of these.

I think you are referring to include linux/slab.h?

> I don't know what Greg's policy is on taking patches at this stage in
> the merge cycle (merge window just opened).  I'd imagine anything he
> doesn't get in the next couple of days will have to work for the next
> window (in about three months).  They'll sit in linux next until then.
> I don't think operates the normal kernel rule of allowing new self
> contained drivers to merge later in the cycle.  This would become hard
> to manage for staging where the majority of code fits in that category.
>
> Jonathan

Greetings,
Michael

Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen
Sitz der Gesellschaft Muenchen, Registergericht Muenchen HRB 4036 Geschaeftsfuehrer Thomas Wessel, William A. Martin, Margaret Seif