Re: linux: Goodbye from a Linux community volunteer

> Hypothetically, if someone was a Russian Citizen, and there was a
> Russian Law forbidding them to provide technical assistance to US
> entities, then that person would be obliged to respect that law, and
> not send any patches to US-based open source projects.  Depending on
> how that law was worded, a Russian-based open source project might not
> be allowed to accept changes from US entities, and again, if you were
> a Russian open source project maintainer, you would be obliged to
> follow that law --- or maybe you would be thrown into a Russian jail.
> Whether you are a Russian patriot and are 100% behind the Russian law,
> or think that perhaps it's not the best policy, doesn't really matter;
> you are still obliged to follow the law one way or another.

But they are not, neither is China and I only see blatant approved racism on
the western side.

> In the ideal world, one country would't be invading another conutry,
> and we wouldn't have these sanctions regimes.  But they were not
> *caused* by the decisions of the LF and Linus.  The sanctions regimes
> were enacted by multiple countries' legal governmnts, and now the
> question is how can we best protect the Linux development comunity,
> the operators of web and git servers that are redistributing Linux
> kernel sources. etc.

In an ideal world the USA would not be a hegemon that invades, bombs
and overthrows foreign governments, threatens the security of other nuclear
powers, expands its hostile alliance and sanctions half of the world.

Anyway you fail to understand that is not the topic. The rage comes
from LF actions
and Linus words. All they had to do was to say: Thank you people for
your contribution
but we have no other choice, this is the law.

But they did quite the opposite and Linus showed his true ugly
white western supremacy face for all to see.
That is the cause of the rage.
The real danger is the split in the open source community and the
"software Iron Curtain" erected by the USA.