Re: linux: Goodbye from a Linux community volunteer

> However, note that China is *not* actively attacking Taiwai
> militarily, while there are Russian missiles and drones, some of which
> may controlled by embedded Linux systems, that are being used against
> Ukraine even as we speak.  Hence, it should not be surprising that the
> rules imposed by the US Government might be different for Huawei
> compared to other sanctioned entities that are directly or indirectly
> controlled by the Russian Military-Industrial complex.

I wonder some of Ukrainian misiles and drones might also be using
the embedded Linux controllers, and why aren't there any sanctions.
This cannot be used as an excuse.

What LF and Linus done will inevitably create a climate of fear where
contributors and maintainers from the *Countries of Particular Concern*
feels endangered.

This is clearly NOT what contributors truly want. People from around the world
once firmly believed that Linux was a free and open-source project. However,
Greg's commit and Linus' response deeply disappoint them.

Open-source projects might be international, but the people or organizations
controlling them are not. This is the source of concern and disappointment.

> Of course, if China were to militarily attack Taiwan or some other
> country in Asia, circumstances might change at some point in the
> future.  Hopefully Chinese leaders will pursue a path of wisdom and
> those consequences won't come to pass.  Ultimately, though, that's not
> up to any of us on this mail thread.

Finally, I must point out that Taiwan's status as part of China has never
changed and will never change. The term "military attack" is therefore
**inappropriate**. The move to solve the Taiwan question and achieve
China's reunification is coming soon and before that China must make full
preparation for the upcoming *sanctions* from the U.S. government, including
handling the issue of high dependence on any international open-source
projects.