Re: linux: Goodbye from a Linux community volunteer

在2024年10月24日十月 下午5:27,James Bottomley写道:
> On Thu, 2024-10-24 at 16:59 +0100, Jiaxun Yang wrote:
[...]

Hi James,

> It's Linux, so no official capacity at all.  However, I am expressing
> the views of a number of people I talked to but it's not fair of me to
> name them.

Fair enough, I was hoping that it's from Linux Foundation but it's still
good news to me that it do represent some respectful individuals.

[...]
>> How should we handle it?
>
> A big chunk of the reason it's taken so long just to get the above is
> that the Lawyers (of which I'm not one) are still discussing the
> specifics and will produce a much longer policy document later, so they
> don't want to be drawn into questions like this.  However, my non-
> legal-advice rule of thumb that I'm applying until I hear otherwise is
> not on the SDN list, not a problem.

Thank you for sharing your insights. I'm looking forward to the document.

While I remain quite upset about how things were handled, your message has
helped restore some of my confidence in the community.

I agree with Peter Cai's earlier comment that steps should be taken to address
the harm caused by the initial reckless actions, particularly to those who were
humiliated.

It is also important to put measures in place to prevent such drama from recurring.
A formal procedure for handling urgent compliance requests may be a sensible step
forward.

I hold our community in high regard and would be heartbreaking to see the reputation
of the Linux Kernel undermined in such an unfortunate manner. I would appreciate it
if you could convey those thoughts to the relevant individuals.

Thanks

--
- Jiaxun