Re: Question on ata_gen_passthru_sense interpretation of fixed format sense buffer

Hello Tejun,
Thank you very much for your reply.

To answer your question:
1. Yes we will start working on a patch and send it for review.
2. We found this issue during our code review.

Another information I need to bring to your attention is that many
user libraries today decode the fixed format sense block based on the
format today's kernel (ata_gen_passthru_sense) provides. Rather than
the format specified in the SCSI Primary commands - 4 specification.
If we were to correct the field offsets for the fixed format sense block.
It may break such libraries. How do you assess the impact
of such a change?

Regards,
Akshat