Re: libata:pata_atiixp: Don't use unconnected secondary port on SB600

Hello Tejun

On 02/01/2018, Tejun Heo wrote:
> Hello, Darren.
>
> On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 09:11:05PM +0000, Darren Stevens wrote:
>>     The AMD SB600 southbridge has an PATA IDE interface, but the
>>     secondary port has no physical connections, so is disabled in
>>     the PCI header which makes it appear as a legacy port.
>
> How sure are you about the secondary port never being used?  Given the
> age of the device and that this has been like this the whole time, I'd
> prefer if the workaround were more specific - ie. mark it dummy only
> on the specific machines that are known to be broken.  That said, if
> we know with certainty that the secondary port is never used, sure.

I'm reasonably sure.
>From '46157-sb600-bdg-pub-3.00'

Page 27 section 6.1.2

Note: Secondary IDE channel should always be disabled for there is no pin out for secondary IDE.

However I was trying to keep patches for the X1000 inside arch/powerpc rather than all over the linux tree. If you are OK with a specific patch I can resubmit.

Thanks
Darren