Re: pata_atiixp: Fix IDE detection on SB7xx

Hello,

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 10:08:52AM +0100, Darren Stevens wrote:
> What would you prefer the commit message to say? I was only explaining why the
> patch was needed.

Oh, I want it to explain why it matters to mark the unused port dummy.
It does reduce the probing time, right?

> I need to fix formatting anyway, as Sergei has pointed out, so either I rework
> this or you revert as originally planned and I'll resubmit the original patch
> for the SB600 only, whichever works best for you, I'm aware time is an issue
> here.

Can you please generate the patch on top of the following branch?

 git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/libata.git for-4.11-fixes

The revert was days ago, so I don't wanna replace it at this point.
Let's just do an incremnetal patch on top.

> I didn't include Markku as I'm not sure I should be adding people to the
> Commit without their express permission.

I see.  I sometimes try to get permission if the person only wrote off
list but once things are on the mailing list I don't think there's
anything to worry about.  Just cc them.

> I'm still quite new at this so sorry for causing all this trouble.

No worries.  You're doing great. :)

Thanks.

--
tejun