Re: SATA IDE Disk failure leasds to kernel freezing and DMESG looping

Hi,

So the problem is that you connect a faulty HDD to the master drive and a
normal one to the slave drive. When your master drive evolves faulty sectors
or the SATA cable is messed up, your slave drive doesn't work. Well, that is strange.

	Ans.	No.We connect faulty HDD in SLAVE(NO-OS) and MASTER(which holds the OS) in MASTER

The ata_piix output says that the MAP register is P0 P2 IDE IDE,
which means that it doesn't matter what you plug into port one, it will *not* get detected.

To solve this problem, check your firmware settings for any relevant SATA/AHCI settings.

	Ans.	Unfortunately our board does not support AHCI. SO what is the best way to handle this.Is it possible to disable the Master/Slave(specific) port on HDD failure.

PS: It is entirely possible to change the MAP register in software for the ICH* series,
but it seems that you are in IDE mode. Better switch to AHCI mode.